Nationwide News

Home > Nationwide News > South-carolina-doctor-malpractice

Physician in SC Sues Doctors for Malpractice

A physician in Charleston, SC, recently filed a suit against two doctors at Thomas Memorial Hospital.

The suit accuses the doctors of improper treatment and negligence in regards to an abdominal surgery they performed on him.

Lawsuit Details

Dr. Jan H. Cunningham and his wife, Lynn, filed the suit last week against Dr. Hossam Tarakji and Dr. Richard Fogle.

The suit claims that the hospital and its physicians failed to give him proper and safe medical care during his treatment after surgery.

After his surgery, Cunningham reportedly developed an infection and as a result endured severe abdominal pain and overwhelming septic shock.

Plaintiffs Seeks Compensation

According to court papers, Cunningham’s condition was so severe that he was forced to undergo additional surgeries.

Cunningham is reportedly now permanently disfigured and has suffered a loss of earnings.
The couple is seeking compensation for the medical bills they incurred and the emotional distress they have suffered.

(Source: Charleston Daily Mail)

Have you or someone you know been the victim of hospital malpractice? If so, please contact us today to speak with an experienced attorney who will enable you and your loved ones to receive the compensation you need and deserve.

Find Medical Malpractice News from Your State:

Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | D.C. | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin
Wyoming | Puerto Rico

Enter your City, State, and Zip code to find Medical Malpractice Attorneys near you.