Lung cancer is one of the most likely cancers to be misdiagnosed. Lung cancer misdiagnosis occurs when:
• Lung cancer is diagnosed as another condition such as tuberculosis or bronchitis
• There is a delay in lung cancer diagnosis
• Another condition is mistaken for lung cancer
• A doctor fails to make a proper diagnosis of lung cancer
Lung cancer misdiagnosis may result in serious harm and/or death to a patient. A misdiagnosis of lung cancer typically cuts the survival rate in half as well as causes severe physical and emotional pain and suffering .
If you or a loved one was seriously injured or killed as a result of a lung cancer misdiagnosis, please contact us today to speak to a competent and caring medical malpractice attorney who can evaluate your case and inform you of your legal options.
Lung cancer misdiagnosis is usually caused by a medical professional's negligence or wrongdoing . Frequently reported medical mistakes that have led to a lung cancer misdiagnosis include:
• Failing to perform correct tests including x-rays, CT scans, MRIs, and biopsies
• Failing to properly asses test results
• Failing to recognize symptoms of lung cancer
• Mistaking lung cancer for another condition
• Diagnosing a tumor as benign when it is cancerous
• False positive lung cancer screening tests
• Failing to collect all pertinent patient information such as smoking habits
• Over-diagnosing smokers
• Under-diagnosing non-smokers
A lung cancer misdiagnosis can cause a delay in proper care and treatment resulting in serious physical, mental, and financial losses and/or fatality. If you or a loved one has suffered serious harm due the negligence of your health care provider, you may be eligible to file a medical malpractice lawsuit to seek compensation for your losses including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income capacity, and more .
Please contact us today to learn more about lung cancer misdiagnosis or to speak with a qualified and experienced medical malpractice attorney who can protect your legal rights and help you get the compensation you are entitled.
Enter your City, State, and Zip code to find Medical Malpractice Attorneys near you.
Failure To Diagnose
Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis
Complications Not Diagnosed
Lung Cancer Misdiagnosis
Heart Attack Misdiagnosis
Wrong Type Of Disease Diagnosed
Underlying Disease Not Diagnosed
Associated Disease Not Diagnosed